Part Time Casual (Contract position)
Commencing April 2021
Ballarat City Rowing Club, now in its 150th year, has an impressive history as one of Australia’s oldest sporting clubs having supported many athletes over the years at state, national and international levels. In recent years, the club has experienced significant and rapid growth in membership including juniors, recent school leavers, returning rowers and novice adults. As a not-for-profit, the club has been investing heavily in equipment to meet this unprecedented membership demand and now boasts a quality fleet across all boat types.
The club has recently entered into a partnership with Australian Catholic University (ACU) and seeks a suitably experienced and qualified rowing coach to head up this new and exciting program, as well as providing general coaching support and structure to the broader club. This new program will focus on supporting university students in learning to row and/or improving their rowing skills in order to represent ACU at the Unisport Rowing Nationals.
Depending on the athletes recruited into the program, the position may involve coaching at the learn to row level as well as developing the skills of experienced rowers.
As Head Coach, you will work closely with our Committee and volunteer coaches to:
• Establish and manage the ACU/Ballarat City Rowing Club program and provide ongoing coaching support to these athletes
• Set-up club squad structures (allocating members, appointing coaches, allocating equipment, setting up training times, etc.)
• Provide technical coaching support to our volunteer coaches, where needed
• Develop programs for both on-water and off-water training for all club squads
• Working closely with our Boat and Club Captains to ensure smooth running of the program and involvement in regattas.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
• Level 1 or 2 – National Rowing Coaching Accreditation
• Proven coaching experience
• Current First Aid certificate
• Current Working with Children Card
• Current marine boat licence
• Full Victorian driver’s licence
• Have own ABN
• Strong communication and organisational skills
• A passion for rowing and rowing coaching at all levels
Applicants must be able to commit to 10 hours per week (approximately five 90 minute sessions per week plus admin) and be able to spread coaching across early mornings, evenings and weekend sessions. You will primarily be working around university semesters from March to November. Attendance at some weekend regattas will also be required.
The successful coach will be employed in line with the Sporting Organisations Award rate.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should complete the online application, providing a statement of no more than 250 words outlining their coaching experience, organisational skills, communication skills and ability to develop productive relationships with students, university staff and other club members. Experience in a similar role will be considered
Apply online by clicking on the Application Page on the Ballarat City Rowing Club website
Applications close Friday 26 March 2021.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Sue Peacock, President of Ballarat City Rowing Club on firstname.lastname@example.org